Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Becoming a Grandmother!



Here I am holding Addison Marie, the star of the show, the gal that introduced me to the proud world of grandparenting, and for that I will always have a special bond with her! Can you see the pride in my eyes?



One year and one day later Lucas Stephen was born. If babies are born within the same year they call them "Irish twins". I still call them my little Irish twins...even though they missed it by one day. I am glad they each have their own separate birthdays to celebrate!



Two years later I was gifted with Owen Kyle. He had a hard start in life because he had TTN. Some newborns' breathing during the first hours of life is more rapid and labored than normal because of a lung condition called transient tachypnea of the newborn (TTN). Because of this condition Owen had to stay in the NICU an extra week and it was very hard on me watching his parents worry about him getting past all of that, while I was babysitting his big sister and brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment