Monday, October 19, 2009

goulash

Today I thought I would give you one of my favorite recipes, and it is very easy to make. It not only uses hamburger but it also uses hot sausage, which gives it a really good hidden secret flavor! It is so delicious people will be asking you for the recipe!

goulish

2 lb. hamburger
one tube of hot pork sausage
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 can of tomato juice
1- 16 ounce box elbow macaroni

Fry hamburger and sausage in a fry pan til done, and drain. Add onion, and green pepper, cook and stir, (please stir so meat doesn't get crispy), til veggies are tender. Transfer your meat mixture to a big pot, (like one that you would make soup in.) Add tomato juice and all of the seasonings, and stir. Cover and simmer on low.
Now cook macaroni according to directions on their box, (if they give you a few choices for time cooked, pick the smallest amount of time.)
Drain the noodles, and add to meat mixture. (I use most of the noodles, but not all of them, because you want it to be a little juicy.) Simmer ten more minutes on medium to low to blend flavors. I always buy one of those one of those frozen garlic breads and bake it in the oven when I make this recipe. This goulash is great as left-overs. I usually make sure that I have an extra can of tomato juice to add some to it the next day, as noodles tend to soak up all the juices while in the refrigerator.

1 comment: